Nicole Richie has a knack for switching up her look and still looking fabulous. The secret? A great hairstylist. Wella Professionals celebrity stylist, Andy LeCompte has worked with a ton of fabulous stars: Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Selena Gomez, Shakira and yep -- Nicole Richie. Sporting a high, top-knot bun, Nicole recently awarded Andy with the "Hair Stylist of the Year" award at the 9th Annual Style Awards (airing on The Style Network on September 14 at 8 EST). Here's how to get her look!
1. Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier (or other volumizing styling product) to prime the hair, working through dry hair.
2. Brush all of the hair, aside from the side swept fringe in the front, in an upwards direction to form a ponytail that sits directly on the top of the head. Secure with an elastic.
3. Next, use a small clear elastic to tie the tips of the ponytail together. Holding the ponytail directly above your hed, twist the hair a few times and wrap sections to create some interest.
4. Coil around the base of the ponytail, securing with bobby pins.
5. To finish, Andy suggests Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray, a light silicone based mist that helps smooth away any baby hairs and fly-aways. The sleek look complements her sexy attire, while the swooping fringe in front keeps the look playful rather than severe.