For the first-ever Premios Tu Mundo awards show, host Gaby Espino rocked two awesome hairdos that made us want to grab our brush and bobby pins. Gaby started the show with an easy, messy braid for an effortless look and ended the night with a chic, high-top bun.
Ready to try the look at home? Stylist Marcos Carrasquillo, who created both the looks, gives the step-by-step instructions on recreating the 'dos!
1. Begin by wetting your hair and applying a generous amount of styling mousse (Marcos used L'Oreal Paris EverStyle Volume Boosting Mousse). Blow dry using only your fingers to add texture to your hair.
2. Part your hair on the side and apply a tiny bit of frizz serum (Marcos used L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil) to tame the hair and get some shine.
3. Braid your hair using the fishtail technique. Not sure how to do? Here's a video tutorial! Make sure to keep the look messy and pull out a few strands for more of an effect.
4. Finish the look with hairspray.
1. Begin by styling with hair serum or oil to add shine and tame frizz. (Marcos used L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment).
2. Create a high-ponytail by combing hair up to the top of your crown from the back of your neck. Secure with a clear elastic.
3. Use a hair accessory (or do an old-fashioned sock bun!) to create the perfect, round bun by wrapping hair around the accessory.
4. Set with hairspray.
5. Lastly, use hair putty or finishing cream to tame flyaways and create a sleek finish. (Marcos used Overworked Hair Putty from the L'Oreal Paris Studio Line Collection).