If there’s one thing the Latina staff could all agree on about the Super Bowl halftime show, it's that Fergie’s hair was super gorgeous. To get tons of extra volume and a few more inches, the Black Eyed Pea clipped in temporary extensions for her moment in the national spotlight. Clip-in extensions are easy to attach, stay secure for hours (even if you bounce on stage like Fergie), and won’t damage hair since they’re temporary (hairextensions.com offers lots of options, or a hairstylist can make a set).
To get Fergie’s full mane:
- Distribute a volumizing mousse (like John Frieda Full Repair Root Lift Foam, $5, ulta.com) through damp hair from roots to ends; this will make strands fuller, but not heavy or stiff.
- Comb hair as you blow dry. When it’s almost completely dry, switch to a medium-size round brush to smooth the hair and bend the ends.
- Use a 1-inch curling iron to curl each 2-inch section. When you gently release the curling iron clamp, hold the curl in your hand for a few seconds till it cools (this helps the hair hold its shape for longer).
- If you’re adding extensions, style them the same way then clip them under the top layer of your hair.
- Now, run your fingers through all the curls once to complete this so-sexy look!