From the gorgeous gown to the smoky eyeliner, Camila Alves was head-to-toe stunning at the Oscars. With her middle part and bold brows, she looked like a modern day Frida Kahlo.
My favorite part of the look? Her sophisticated low bun, which is surprisingly easy to do yourself!
- Apply a smoothing serum (like Pantene Medium-Thick Hair Solutions Smooth Definition Gel, $3.99, pgestore.com) through damp hair, then blow-dry straight with a paddle brush.
- Use the end of a comb to create a sharp center part.
- Pull your hair back (let it cover your ears) into a very low ponytail.
- If you don't have a ton of thick hair, slip a bun shaper (like Hype Hair Bun Maker, 2.99, walgreens.com) up the tail and pin at the base of your ponytail.
- Now, wrap the hair around the bun shaper, making sure you hide it completely.
- Secure with bobby pins.