6 Steps to Recreate Eva Longoria's Pompadour Pony
07/04/2012 - 16:00 ||
The ponytail is the perfect hairstyle for summer—it’s elegant and it keeps you cool on humid days. Plus, you don’t have to worry about frizz, which is a definite plus for us curly gals. We love Eva Longoria’s pompadour pony, which can take you from family picnic to wedding to date night and everything in between. Celebrity stylist and salon owner, Claudio Lazo gives us his steps for getting her look. “It’s all about the prep work,” he says. “Getting your hair to the right texture and volume before you start is key to getting the style to hold.”
Here’s how to get the look:
1. With a wide tooth comb, apply mousse, like Wella Extra Volume Mousse, to damp hair. Flip your head upside down and blow dry without the nozzle to wake up your roots and get some height.
2. Divide your hair into four quadrants. Curl each individual section by taking a hot roller rolled up halfway or by using a curling iron.
3. Once hair has cooled, brush out curls to smooth. Leaving a small section of hair out in front, pull locks into a ponytail at the top of your head.
4. Spray and tease front section, then pull hair back into a pompadour. Tuck the ends into the base of your ponytail and secure with bobby pins. Expert tip: It’s important to apply product it ends to give them more staying power.
5. Spritz your pony with hairspray, then lightly push and tease with a comb to separate curls a bit, achieving Eva’s tousled look.
6. “The ultimate finishing step is to make the sides look wet,” says Lazo. Taking a small amount of product, he likes Sebastian Gel Forte, rub in palms then apply to hair in the same direction as the pony. The gel will dry looking wet.
Like this post? Contribute to the Discussion