As a girl with curly hair, I’ve tried tons of shampoos through the years that have left my locks dry as bone. To offset this, I’ve also found some shampoos that aren’t stripping and still get rid of product buildup. What shampoos do you like to use when you’re not co-washing? Here are my top picks:
1. Infusium23 (Frizz)ologie Shampoo ($7, drugstores): includes the reputable treatment complex found in the brand’s leave-in, so it acts as a moisturizing treatment as it cleanses and makes my hair more manageable.
2. Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo ($5, drugstores)- is infused with Cassia plant extract and avocado oil to add shine and protect hair from damage. I love the way this smells and my curls are less frizzy when I use it.
3. Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo ($15, Redken.com for salon locations)- offers coconut oil to condition along with Redken’s proprietary ingredients to fight frizz and strengthen. It cleanses my scalp without feeling harsh. And my locks are left defined and smooth.
4. Herbal Essences Hydralicious Reconditioning Shampoo ($4, herbalessences.com)- actually has swirls of conditioner inside to moisturize. The purple (my favorite color) formula is super creamy and leaves my hair nice and soft without weighing it down.
5. Curlisto Systems Botanical Shampoo ($11, Curlisto.com)- contains hydrolyzed wheat protein that helps prevent dryness. This gentle formula doesn’t strip my color so my highlights are safe and makes detangling a breeze. I’ve noticed this also helps control frizz.