It always surprises me how healthy and shiny abuela’s hair looks at her age and it’s because she is constantly using natural treatments on her locks that have been in the family for years! One of our favorites is an avocado hair masque. You're probably wondering: Why would I smear green goop all over my head? Well, avocado contains proteins and natural oils that moisturize and nourish your hair. This masque also calls for shea butter, which helps protect and repair a dry and damaged mane. Dedicate your Saturday afternoon to some self-pampering and try this DIY masque. It will leave your hair soft, silky and shiny! For this recipe, you’ll need one ripe avocado, two tablespoons of olive oil and a quarter cup of melted shea butter. Then just follow these five easy steps:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well until you get a smooth, thick mixture.
2. Shampoo your hair as usual. Apply the hair masque from roots to tips.
3. Cover your hair with a shower cap.
4. Leave the hair masque on for about 30 minutes. For even better results, sit under a hooded dryer.
5. Rinse out the mask with lukewarm water and style as usual.
Want a quicker fix? Try Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment. It contains olive oil, avocado oil, shea butter oil and apricot seeds!