The Orange is the New Black actress dazzled on the red carpet in a white fringe cut-out dress and a shiny, wavy bob. Polanco's hairstylist for the evening, Cynthia Alvarez, partnered up with Dove to achieve this classic hairstyle with a modern twist.
We got the full scoop from Alvarez on how you can recreate the Dominicana's classic Hollywood wavy bob. See the breakdown below:
- To obtain the look, I started by coloring her hair with a warm chestnut brown and added a few highlights throughout the front of her hair to add dimension and brighten up her face.
- Because of the chemical processing, I used the new Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo and Conditioner which repairs the internal structure of damaged hair by directly interacting with the keratin, reconstructing and strengthening hair from within.
- I then cut her hair into a short bob and added a few pumps of Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil to damp hair to replenish moisture leaving hair perfectly nourished and 100% visibly damage free.
- Prep the hair for drying by separating it into four parts and then use a round brush to blow out the hair.
- After blow-drying the hair, part the hair into four sections and curl the hair using a 1” curling iron, and waited for the curls to set.
- To finish the look, brush out the curls with a flat brush and shape the front into a classic retro wave. Once satisfied with the shape, I apply a small amount of Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil for shine and I set the hair with Dove Style+Care Strength and Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray so the style stays in place but still has some movement.