No, America Ferrera didn't chop her hair off, she's just rocking a faux bob. The Honduran actress stunned the the 2015 at the Imagen Awards this past weekend in a Halston Heritage olive cocktail dress with some seriously glam hair and makeup. TONI&GUY Celebrity Stylist Christian Wood created the 'do for the star saying: “I wanted to show off the slight vintage feel of the dress, so I thought a faux bob with a Hollywood wave would be a perfect alternative to putting the hair up.”
Mark our words — faux bobs will be trending this fall. Here's how to steal Ferrera's look:
1. To give the hair volume, apply TONI&GUY Glamour Volume Plumping Whip on freshly washed hair and blow dry in sections using a round brush.
2. Next, create a deep side part and spray Shu Umera Texture Spray to give the hair texture and grip.
3. Starting at the nape, begin to curl the hair in sections using a medium size barrel.
4. Brush out the curls by gently combing the hair back to encourage the waves to form and also create a solid base to pin the hair up. Spray each section with TONI&GUY Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray.
5. Then, section top half of the hair off and clip out of the way. Take the bottom section of hair and roll upwards starting at the ends and secure with hairpins. Release the top section and gently pin one side back behind the ear.
6. Finish the look with TONI&GUY Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray.
TONI&GUY products are available in the U.S. at Target stores and Target.com for $12.99-14.99 each.