We’ve got the perfect way to sweeten up your weekend plans. Whether it’s girls’ night in or you’re babysitting your little primas, these easy-to-do candy manicures will do the trick. Celebrity nail artist Kimmi Kyees shows us how.
A Sweet Tip
1. Paint nails with a light blue polish, like Essie in Mint Candy Apple. Then, pour a glitter polish, try Essie in Jazzy Jubilant, onto a tray and use the tip of a Q-tips Precision Tips cotton swab to pick up big and small pieces of glitter, letting the liquid absorb through.
2. Use the swab to place the glitter pieces on the tip of the nail.
3. Arrange the glitter pieces as desired by using an orange wood stick for more precise application.
4. Apply a thin clear top coat to seal in the design.
Cotton Candy Dreams
1. Before painting nails, take two Q-tips cotton swabs and pull the cotton loose like cotton candy. Then, paint nails a light pink polish (try L’Oreal Paris Color Riche in Penthouse Pink) with Q-tips Precision Tips.
2. Pour the same light pink polish and a baby blue polish (like, Zoya in Yummy) on a plate, separately. Add a few drops of nail polish remover to each color to thin slightly.
3. Dip a frayed Q-tips cotton swab in the light blue polish and dab along the tips of the nail.
4. Dip the other frayed swab in the light pink polish and dab from the cuticle up to meet the blue to create a faded effect.
5. Repeat until you achieve desired look. Seal with a thin layer of top coat.
1. Paint nails with a white polish (try OPI in Alpine Snow) and pour green (Essie Mojito Madness), light blue (Zoya in Yummy), yellow (Orly in Lemonade) and pink (Essie in Fiji) polishes into separate sections on a plate.
2. Dip the end of a Q-tips Precision Tips cotton swab in the green polish and apply a straight line of dots from the cuticle to the free edge of each nail.
3. Repeat the process with a new Q-tips Precision Tips cotton swab for each color.
4. Apply top coat to seal the look in.
1. Transform a Q-tips Precision Tips cotton swab into a “striper brush” by pulling cotton loose from the tip and twisting it tightly. Trim unruly ends if needed. Then, paint nails with an orange polish, like OPI in My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours.
3. Using the same white polish, draw a curved line at the base of the nail to connect the two white lines.
4. Follow with a thin layer of top coat to seal.
Sprinkled With Love
1. Transform four Q-tips Precision Tips cotton swabs into “striper brushes” by pulling cotton loose from the tip of each and twisting tightly. Trim unruly ends if needed. Paint nails using a nude polish. Try Essie in Adore-a-Ball.
3. Dip one “striper brush” into the green polish. Apply 4-5 small lines to each nail to resemble sprinkles.
4. Repeat process with a new brush for each color.
5. Seal the sprinkled look with top coat.