Arizona immigration law
By Samantha Leal | 06/27/2012 - 16:55 | 0 Comments
Representative Luis Gutierrez proved he was up on pop culture (and knows how to grab viewers' attention) Wednesday when talking about Arizona immigration law SB1070 and racial profiling, reports the Huffington Post. In a...
By Samantha Leal | 06/26/2012 - 08:41 | 0 Comments
Within minutes of the Supreme Court ruling on the Arizona immigration law SB1070, both sides were declaring a clear victory for their cause. Those on the side of the Arizona law, and helped to craft the law itself, said that the court's decision help to affirm the right of the states to create laws that address regional problems. Those who oppose the law insisted that the...
By Samantha Leal | 06/25/2012 - 12:43 | 0 Comments
The U.S. Supreme Court struck down many of the key parts of Arizona’s immigration law, but let stand a controversial part that lets police check a person’s immigration status while enforcing other laws, reports CNN.
The court’s 5-3 ruling upheld the authority...
By Samantha Leal | 04/26/2012 - 11:04 | 0 Comments
Arguments were heard Wednesday in the case of Arizona v U.S., the case that questions the legality of four provisions of Arizona’s immigration law, SB 1070. Arizona, enacting a new law to combat illegal immigrants crossing from Mexico, has overstepped their rights. Immigration is a federal issue, according to the U.S. But that apparently wasn’t quite as convincing of an...
By Samantha Leal | 04/24/2012 - 15:27 | 0 Comments
The legality of Arizona’s immigration law, SB 1070, has long been disputed and is now headed to the Supreme Court. The case, Arizona v. United States, will look at not only SB 1070, but will also affect any similar laws enacted nationwide. Here’s what you need to know about the case:
The Act has several provisions – only four are being examined by the court...
By Sally Mercedes | 02/28/2012 - 17:04 | 0 Comments
Al Punto con Jorge Ramos got heated when Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio was on to discuss his investigation into President Barack Obama's birth certificate. When Ramos told Arpaio that he is the "face of racism and discrimation" to many Latinos, Arpaio completely disagreed. In his own version of the good ol' "but my...
By Amaris Castillo | 12/13/2011 - 10:45 | 0 Comments
Yesterday, the U.S. Supreme Court announced it would hear the arguments surrounding Arizona’s controversial immigration law, SB 1070. According to The New York Times,...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'