By Rosy Cordero | 08/02/2013 - 09:28 | 0 Comments
The comedy world has always been dominated by hombres, but with Anjelah Johnson selling out clubs nationwide, she's giving them a run for their money. Johnson, who was nominated for an ALMA Award for her work on MADtv in 2008, recently debuted a one-hour special, The Homecoming Show, on NUVOtv. We caught up with Anjelah recently and she...
By Samantha Leal | 01/31/2013 - 11:20 | 0 Comments
One of our favorite funny ladies Anjelah Johnson definitely gets us rolling as the ridiculous (and ridiculously underqualified) worker Bon Qui Qui. But it seems Bon Qui Qui has moved up from her original job as a Burger King (or should we say "King Burger") employee: working for the designer Alexander Wang in his Soho shop, Bon Qui Qui has...
By Samantha Leal | 06/26/2012 - 18:00 | 0 Comments
It’s Aubrey Plaza’s birthday today, our favorite dry-humor, deadpan comedian currently starring in Parks and Recreation, and in the new movie Safety Not Guaranteed. But what other Latinas...
By Lauren Otis | 02/16/2012 - 16:47 | 0 Comments
While trolling the web for the latest updates on your favorite celebs, it's likely you've come across quite a few photo posts with a mysterious "Via WhoSay" stamped at the bottom. "WhoSay? Whodat?" you ask. Thanks to this new digital media app and platform for the stars and other public figures such as athletes, A-listers as varied as Eva Longoria ...
By Latina Staff | 10/25/2011 - 15:29 | 0 Comments
Something awesome happened in the season six premiere of Showtime's hit serial killer drama Dexter (Oct. 2)—Lauren Velez's character (the ambitious and tough Maria Laguerta), was promoted from Lieutenant to Captain of Miami Metro Homicide! And if you thought Laguerta was tough before her big promotion, then get ready, because...
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Poverty reduction stalls in LatAm, U.N. panel reports
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'
- Poverty Reduction In Latin America Is Slowing, UN Says
- Creating A Hilarious Telenovela Is The Best Way To Do Spanish Homework (VIDEO)