By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 01/27/2012 - 15:55 | 0 Comments
The frustrating ironies of being Afro-Latina hit Yuly Marshall with stunning regularity: At work at a Miami hospital, Hispanic patients of the Cuban-born radiology technician usually assume she’s African American, asking her, “Where did you learn to speak Spanish like that?” and expressing shock—even skepticism—that she’s really Latina. Other times, fellow Latinos will...
- Yahoo Nearing $1.1B Acquisition Of Tumblr, Report Says
- Oxbow Wins Preakness, Dashes Orb's Hope For Triple Crown
- Preakness: Orb, Dominican Jockey Favored To Win And Set Up Triple Crown Try
- Missing Army Vet's Body Found, Roommate Arrested As Murder Suspect
- 'American Idol' Finale Draws Record Low Ratings In 12th Season