abuela knows best
By Amaris Castillo | 07/15/2011 - 15:30 | 25 Comments
I am a young Latina with a 74-year-old roommate—my grandmother! My abuela is quite the character. She can stroll into the house after Sunday Mass and easily toss a string of vulgarities at me, well, just because.
One day we were waiting to order some fast food when an employee accidentally spilled soda on her feet. The earth stopped moving. I knew this...
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder