2010 US Census
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 09/14/2011 - 14:30 | 0 Comments
More than one in four U.S. Latinos is living in poverty, according to 2010 U.S. Census bureau figures released this week. That’s nearly 27 percent of the country’s 50.5 million Latinos—13.2 million people—and an increase from 12.3 million in 2009.
And according to the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s 2011 Kids Count Data Book, 31 percent of Latino kids live in poverty....
By Amaris Castillo | 07/08/2011 - 13:35 | 7 Comments
For the first time in national history, Latino youth are the majority among their peers in California and New Mexico, CNN.com reports. The finding is based on census data released earlier this year. White children are now minorities in...
- Yahoo Buys Tumblr For $1.1B, Its Most Expensive Acquisition In A Decade
- NYC Man Charged For Murder In Gay Hate Crime
- Immigration Reform Faces Threat From Drug Cartel Towns
- San Antonio Spurs Scorch Memphis Grizzlies In Game 1
- Miguel’s Kicking Performance At The Billboard Awards Leaves Fan With A Headache